Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking a Marketing Manager to join the SC Media team. This position is located in our New York, NY office.
The Marketing Manager will be a key player on the team to develop, implement, and execute strategic marketing plans for SC Media, the leading cyber-security brand in North America.
The experienced digital marketer will have a sound knowledge of B2B platforms, along with expertise in audience development and email, events/conferences, social media, and other forms of marketing. S/he will tout and help progress the execution of some of SC Media’s editorial, sponsored, and custom offerings against new initiatives and growth objectives. As such, an outstanding service ethic and confidence tackling initiatives by applying plans, industry research, and data analysis to make grounded decisions are musts.
Serving as the main marketer for SC Media’s business, this candidate will manage weekly department communications to internal stakeholders that progress the brand’s various initiatives and ensure key performance indicators (KPIs) are met.
The Marketing Manager will have shared responsibility and provide oversight on project planning, custom programs, tracking, and reporting for all activities of the brand including:
- Plan and execution of marketing around SC Media conferences
- Design and execute plans for smaller events (various formats)
- Develop and execute an audience development strategy and contribute to development of premium and/or paid-content offerings
- Assist in the creation of sales enablement materials
- Regularly partner with the leadership team to identify areas of opportunity and recommending action plans to bring those ideas to fruition
- Manage barter and partnership relationships with industry associations and other strategic organizations
- Produce meaningful marketing KPI dashboards and delivering cross-channel performance reports with actionable insight
- Assist in developing and implementing strategic marketing plans, including resource allocation, budgeting, & forecasting, etc.
Skills and Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, and/or marketing;
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience
- Demonstrated ability to design commercial, financial and/or non-financial measurements, and KPIs to drive improved performance
- Working knowledge of IT/Security marketplace preferred
- Demonstrated analytical reasoning/quantitative analysis skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and cross-functional teams
- Ability to formulate and clearly deliver complex information, challenges, and recommendations in both written and oral forms to senior management
- Experience working in Salesforce, developing marketing plans, and managing social media
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO, SEM, paid social, display, content, programmatic, and affiliate
About SC Media:
For over 25 years, SC Media, a Haymarket Media business-to-business website, conference group, custom lab, and publication, has furnished cyber-security executives with the most timely, independent news, features, product reviews, online/live events. Please visit www.scmagazine.com for more information.
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.