Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking an Assistant Virtual Events Manager to join the Events team. This position is located in our New York, NY Office.
Haymarket's Events Department is seeking an Assistant Virtual Events Manger to manage the various responsibilities involved in the operations, production, and client relations for webcasts and virtual events.
This position will report into the Virtual Events Director and work across all brands. S/he will be accountable for maintaining internal and external relationships as well as executing strategic developments to grow the virtual events business.
- Become thoroughly knowledgeable of Haymarket’s virtual events business
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, and internal teams
- Manage the complete webcast process and live production of all events in your portfolio
- Manage the development and execution of custom product offerings
- Work with Virtual Events Director to assess both internal and external demand, needs, and evolution of virtual events business
Skills and Requirements:
- 2-4 years’ experience in events, marketing, or digital media
- Some experience in virtual events or webcasts preferred
- Some experience in a client facing role preferred
- Ability to participate, lead, and work effectively in multiple team environments
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Technologically savvy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; high level of comfort communicating on the phone
- Strong operations management, project management, planning, organizational, and customer service skills
- Candidates should be skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.Apply for this job