Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our Human Resources team. This position is located in our New York, NY office.
This position will provide full-life cycle human resources support in a growing, fast paced environment. This is a hands-on, roll-your sleeves up position. Responsibilities include providing support on all human resources matters including, but not limited to, benefits analysis and administration, new employee orientation, regulatory compliance monitoring and report filing, HRIS updates, responding to employee inquiries, and special projects. If you are a skilled, hardworking, and creative human resources professional, this is a great opportunity to for you.
- Provides full life cycle human resources support across all corporate human resources programs and procedures
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate
- Analyzes trend and metrics in partnership with the HR VP to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity
- Regularly executes evaluation and analytical assessment of market trends with respect to HR initiatives
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports
- Manages international and expatriate assignments as well as employee eligibility events
- Ability to function as an employee champion and change agent
- Must be able to anticipate HR related needs
- Coordinates corporate giving and community related programs
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local reporting compliance requirements
- Develops, recommends, and implements HR policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook; performs benefits analysis and administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Education and Competencies:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years job related experience
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation & Analysis
- HR Expertise
- Consultation & Relationship Management
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.