Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking an Creative Intern to join McKnight’s Long-Term Care News. This internship is located in our Northbrook, IL, office.
Seize this summer opportunity to work as a creative design intern for a monthly print magazine and website. The summer creative design intern will assisted in the full production cycles of monthly and bi-monthly magazines of McKnight’s Long-Term Care News and McKnight’s Senior Living. S/he will assist in production of print supplements and special sections appearing in the magazine.
The intern also will prepare images for the website and magazine, assist with HTML creation, image files and work on presentations for webinars, and sponsored newsletters. Other design duties will be assigned relative to experience.
This twelve-week summer internship will run from May 22 through August 10, 2018, although dates are flexible. This is a paid, full-time internship.
- Assisting on layout and art decisions for monthly print magazine
- Daily website/e-newsletter work on images and photos for McKnight’s newsletters
- Working in HTML for customized newsletters and ads
- Helping to prepare presentations for guest speakers and clients
- Work on custom print or digital content
Skills and Requirements:
- Must be enrolled or have recently graduated from an undergraduate program at a college/university
- Excellent computer knowledge for MAC
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Dreamweaver), some CSS and Microsoft Office
- Experience working with a content management system
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Organized, dependable and detail oriented
- Wordpress, video editing experience a plus
- Must provide own housing and transportation to and from work
Please include your cover letter (attn: Mark Speakman), resume, three (3) PDFs of creative work as attachments and a link to an online portfolio (if possible) by Thursday, March 1, 2018.
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: Only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in three, five or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for — we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws.Apply for this job