Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking an Art Director to join our Business Media team. This position is located in our New York, NY office.
Haymarket Business Media is looking for an Art Director who can combine broad conceptual thinking with proven print and digital knowledge for its marketing and communications brands PRWeek and MM&M and their clients. The ideal candidate will bring new ideas to the table to keep brands fresh.
- Branding knowledge that translates into distinct and compelling, print, interactive, and digital experiences
- Mastery of storytelling across platforms
- Transform business topics into compelling visuals
- Maintain brand consistency
- Ensure art deadlines are met; be proactive in looking ahead at projects and raise concerns when production is heavy so additional resources can be arranged
- Direct photo shoots; manage art freelancers and illustrators
Skills and Requirements:
- Five years as an Art Director at a media company
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong print background - Must have a clear understanding of content flow and pagination; strong knowledge of preparing print ready pages
- Strong knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Must have stable of effective freelancers
- A basic knowledge of Adobe Premiere/Final Cut/After Effects and Infogram a plus
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.Apply for this job