Haymarket Media, Inc. seeking an Account Manager to join the PRWeek team. This position is based in our New York, NY office.
The Account Manager will help continue the commercial success of all brand channels across digital (including webcasts), live events, custom, and print.
Reporting directly to the Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be solely responsible for the management and growth of their sales territory. This includes securing business from clients at Agencies, Technology Companies, Executive Search Firms, and Corporations.
- Manage, maintain and develop increased revenues from your client base via advertising sales, sponsorship sales and custom activations
- New business development
- Face to face meetings and regular servicing of client base
- Identify new revenue opportunities and execute plans to successfully deliver additional revenue and profit
- Market share analysis, revenue reporting, budgeting and forecasting on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Have a comprehensive understanding of your product, market and competitor products/positioning
- Understand your clients' key objectives and business drivers
- In collaboration with sales and marketing teams, ensure sales materials are up to date and represent the quality of the brand
- 3-5 years of experience of working in a comparable role which includes account management and face to face media/sponsorship sales
- Strong strategic/consultative sales and negotiation skills
- The ability to assess the commercial potential of new projects and update existing product offerings
- Strong understanding of clients business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with custom solutions to meet their challenges
- Outstanding personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of clients at all levels
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong financial management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Passion for your products and market
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.