Haymarket's Skills Academy is now in its 4th year, providing unparalleled opportunities in media. Our award winning apprenticeships are a fantastic way to gain industry experience whilst also receiving an accredited qualification. As part of our next intake of apprentices starting in August we are now looking for a Sales Support Apprentice to join our team.
Sales is the backbone of Haymarket’s business, as it is our commercial success that drives our continued investment in providing market leading content and innovative products. The sales teams are responsible for growing and managing the accounts of existing clients as well as generating new business from advertisers across our markets.
The Automotive team is responsible for the largest advertising revenues within Haymarket across 2 print publications and 3 websites. The Motoring team work very closely with agencies, advising and guiding them on the best solutions for their clients using our network of sites, What Car, Pistonheads and Autocar, and expertise in creating content.
This role will be very digitally focussed, however the candidate will have the opportunity to work on print projects as well, giving them a solid understanding of the advertising industry, what it is to be an advertising salesperson and an Ad Operations Specialist, and how we deliver a campaign.
What you will learn:
• An understanding of basic sales techniques
• An understanding of the online display marketplace
• An understanding of print advertising marketplace
• An understanding of west end media agencies
• An understanding of campaign optimisation
• An understanding of native/content driven campaigns
• An understanding of sales research tools and how to build and interpret insight
• To build relationships with, and provide support to, west end agencies
• How to deliver booked advertising campaigns and support the sales teams and clients by producing accurate and timely reports and statistics as necessary
• How to ensure that Haymarket’s clients are provided with the best possible advertising solution from a portfolio of sites
• The variety of advertising solutions in the market
• To understand digital terminology and be able to converse with clients in a confident manner
• Provide support to the sales team as required
• Attend all team meetings and understand overall team strategy
• Be point of contact for incoming account queries from external customers, both over the phone and via email
• Uploading campaigns into Saleforce as they come in
• Work with the relevant Account Managers to ensure all inventory included in contracts is delivered correctly
• Liaise with the Ad Ops & Performance teams to complete relevant forms to ensure campaigns are delivered
• Monitor advertising campaigns and highlight underperformance to the relevant members of the sales team
• Conduct competitor monitoring and marketshare reports
• Provide the sales team with scheduled and ad hoc stats reports on past advertising campaigns
• Provide the sales team with scheduled and ad hoc stats reports on specific sectors/functions
• Prepare contracts and proposals for clients with support from the sales team
• Ensure all reports are concise, accurate and on time
• Check advertising received matches agreed specifications and requirements.
• Identify and troubleshoot problems where possible, immediately seek support either internally or externally where necessary
• Pursue and resolve complaints from advertisers
• Work on any other ad-hoc duties as necessary
Who you are:
• Maintain an enthusiastic and self motivated attitude to tasks
• Show initiative and seek ways to improve efficiency and processes
• Ability to establish and build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be open to learning new ways of working
• Be diligent and precise in following procedures
• Be flexible to help support your colleagues when necessary
• Have good organisational and prioritisation skills.
• You will have achieved at least 5 GSCE’s at grades A-C, and will preferably have attained at least 2 A Levels at grades C or above or an equivalent qualification
About the Apprenticeship
• The Apprenticeship Scheme is based on a Fixed Term Contract, between 12-15months (dependent on role/qualification)
• Starting salary of £12,000pa
• Benefits Include – 25 days holiday, Ride to Work Scheme, Season Travel Ticket Loan, Pension Scheme (at qualification stage), BUPA Health Cash Plan, Lifestyle & Discounts, Local Twickenham Discounts, Employee Assistance Programme, plus the option to opt in and out of additional benefits
• You will be expected to attend regular sessions with our Skills Academy team, and apprenticeship provider, to assist you in gaining your qualification. The apprenticeship training accounts to around 20% of your working time.
• In Addition to the Apprenticeship Qualifications, you will also have the opportunity to attend Haymarkets in-House, specialist training sessions to aid you further in your role.
• At the end of the apprenticeship our Skills Academy team will assist you with careers advice, CV writing, and Interview Skills