Haymarket Automotive comprises What Car?, PistonHeads and Autocar - three brilliant brands that are world-famous for informing and entertaining car buyers, sellers and owners and which share the goal of leading in their chosen marketplaces.
Our reputation is built on quality journalism, slick marketing, product innovation and dogged and skilled salescraft, all in support of digital and print products that lead the market. No other automotive brand interacts with consumers and the car industry so comprehensively or is as well respected by its audience.
Whatever we do, we aim to be the best - and that starts with our teams and the way we place them at the heart of everything we do.
To create, develop and lead the best sales team in the industry.
The Areas Sales Manager is the commercial force behind revenue growth and customer satisfaction. You will execute the business strategy leading by example and bringing the vision to life for your team and customers. The Area Sales Manager prioritises staff development to drive success and is a customer champion; the voice of the business to our customers and the voice of customer to the business. Your feedback will help in defining the strategy to deliver successful products across the Haymarket Automotive portfolio
- Together with the Commercial Director and Trade Sales Director devise and deliver the sales plan that will enable us to grow and maintain the number of dealers who use our products and services to hit our commercial goals.
- Instill best practice and a high performance culture in a field based team of 8 individuals across a large territory.
- Sales planning, implementation and execution
- Build strong relationships with senior industry executives
- Posses strong digital sales skills and knowledge
- Well-organised and meticulous in planning and reporting and CRM
- Able to identify new opportunities and be able to react quickly taking into account and forecasting what our competitors are doing.
- Able to lead from the front and play a prominent role with clients. Role requires significant travel, and evening / weekend client relationship building.
- Strong presentation and client relationship skills
You are responsible for the development of your staff. This includes quarterly reviews, annual appraisals, coaching by you and training using central resource.
You will act quickly to address underperformance in the team, if necessary using the disciplinary process. You should develop your staff and be prepared to see them move to other, more senior jobs within Haymarket.
You are responsible for the regular distribution of reports that measure the business performance against agreed critical success criteria