Social Media Apprentice - FourFourTwo
Haymarket's Skills Academy is now in its 4th year, providing unparalleled opportunities in media. Our award winning apprenticeships are a fantastic way to gain industry experience whilst also receiving an accredited qualification. As part of our next intake of apprentices starting in August we are now looking for a Social Media Apprentice to join our team
Joining FourFourTwo as a Social Media Apprentice will get you into the world of football journalism and to the forefront of the ever-changing social media landscape.
FourFourTwo is a globally renowned and respected football media brand. Can you help to make it bigger and better? We’re looking for a UK-based Social Media Apprentice to help us create and push the world’s best footballing content to as many people as possible.
Working across FourFourTwo.com, the magazine and our dedicated playing site Performance, the Social Media Apprentice will help to find clever ways to engage our target audiences, as well as devise original content – words, pictures and video – tailored to the needs of specific social channels and markets.
You will learn how to:
● Upload and manage social media content across the brand: magazine, digital and social-only
● Use social media management tools
● Create social media content plans
● Hone your writing skills at a very respected media brand
● Work closely as part of a busy, friendly team
● Create social media imagery and video
● Utilise social media influencers as part of FFT’s social media strategy
● Supporting the Social Media Editor, Digital and Magazine teams in delivering objectives, activities and results for FourFourTwo through social media (including, but not limited to, traffic targets, continued social media audience growth and excellent customer service)
● Implementing activity from social media plans to support the brand’s business objectives
● Populating the weekly social calendar with relevant and topical posts to complement website promotion
● Managing engagement across our social platforms (predominantly Twitter, Facebook and Instagram), including customer service enquiries, comments and reviews
● Occasionally attending mag and other interview opportunities to gather social-only content for multi-platform distribution
● Helping to maintain daily output across various social media platforms, including FFT Performance
● Sourcing social-led football content for Digital Features Editor
● Assisting in writing and supplying social media briefs to staff writers, sales team and other colleagues
● Creating social media plans: weekly/campaign-specific
● Working closely with the editorial teams to implement an ongoing social strategy and work to develop new and engaged social audiences
● Assisting in idea creation for social-led competitions and commercial opportunities
● Assisting with matchday coverage across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
● Occasionally writing and contributing to FFT.com features and campaigns
Experience, skills and knowledge you will have to demonstrate:
● A love of football and a way with words
● A love of social media and a demonstrable understanding of it
● A passion for a career in either journalism or marketing and an appreciation of the crossover between the two regarding social media
● A solid working knowledge - and ideally some professional experience - of social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and YouTube
● The ability to devise and tell stories on any platform, via words, pictures and/or video
● The ability to work closely and successfully with other Haymarket social-media colleagues
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Great attention to detail
● Plenty of drive and ambition
● Ability to work to deadlines under pressure and be proactive when presented with problems
● First class project management and communication skills
● A fierce commitment to being the best
● The flexibility to work some weekends and weeknights – that’s when football tends to happen
● Be open to learning new ways of working
● Be diligent and precise in following procedures
● Be flexible to help support your colleagues when necessary
● You may well play football regularly (small-sided and/or 11-a-side) - but this is by no means essential
● You will have achieved at least 5 GSCEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C, and will have attained at least 2 A Levels (or equivalent) at Grades B or above. A love of, and respect for, the English language is preferred.
About the Apprenticeship
• The Apprenticeship Scheme is based on a Fixed Term Contract, between 12-15months (dependent on role/qualification)
• Starting salary of £12,000pa
• Benefits Include – 25 days holiday, Ride to Work Scheme, Season Travel Ticket Loan, Pension Scheme (at qualification stage), BUPA Health Cash Plan, Lifestyle & Discounts, Local Twickenham Discounts, Employee Assistance Programme, plus the option to opt in and out of additional benefits
• You will be expected to attend regular sessions with our Skills Academy team, and apprenticeship provider, to assist you in gaining your qualification. The apprenticeship training accounts to around 20% of your working time.
• In Addition to the Apprenticeship Qualifications, you will also have the opportunity to attend Haymarkets in-House, specialist training sessions to aid you further in your role.
• At the end of the apprenticeship our Skills Academy team will assist you with careers advice, CV writing, and Interview Skills
• Deadline for all Applications is Friday 30th June 2017, 5pm!