Haymarket has a strong heritage in print, world-class web and mobile products, an exciting future in international markets with technology expertise at the core of Haymarket’s vision.
Haymarket’s strategy is simple – attract highly engaged, specialist audiences, leading to efficient and effective marketing and sales opportunities. Technology forms a key part of that process, creating commercial success with optimal internal business processes, engaging user-facing digital products and high-value client propositions.
And Technology is transforming at Haymarket – having supported multiple brands over many years, a programme of change to simplify and extend the platforms that underpin the various brands has started, with everyone in technology contributing to that change.
This role offers a fantastic and rare opportunity to be part of the transformational technology change as part of a wider strategic initiative.
Haymarket’s Technology department is a newly formed function, encompassing all aspects of technology - strategy, delivery and support across digital & product management, marketing, analytics, and infrastructure.
The IT placement student will be part of a fast paced and dynamic Operations group who enable and support colleagues and all business functions. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing face to face, telephone and e-mail resolution of first line incidents & requests across all UK sites. They will ensure a high quality of service and support for approximately 1,000 users who use Mac, Windows and iOS devices.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
● Incident resolution to agreed service levels at Haymarket’s six UK sites, and for colleagues working remotely
● Effecting workarounds where that is the most effective resolution
● Fulfilling service requests in a timely and efficient manner
● 1st line technical support
● Providing a service that supports and is aligned with Haymarket’s business needs
● Providing technical support to our colleagues from our Tech Hub
● Effectively prioritising work in a busy environment
● Following Operations ITIL based processes including Incident, Problem and Change
● Escalation to colleagues in Technology for 2nd line support
● Escalation to service partners -- 3rd party suppliers -- to ensure speedy incident resolution
● Add and update technical support documents
● Ensuring excellent and professional communication
● Punctual, positive, organised and self-motivated.
● Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
● Taking pressure in your stride and producing excellent results.
● Taking a calm, focused, considered and analytical approach to problems
● Be the human face of Haymarket’s Technology function friendly and solutions focused
Desirable technical & professional skills
● Strong technical background with an excellent knowledge of technology including; Windows 7 and above, Mac OS 10.9 and above, Microsoft Office 2007/2010, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Apps Suite as well as iOS mobile devices.
● Demonstrable experience of Internet browser configuration including; Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
● Knowledge of Follow Me print technologies.
● Use of service management tools for managing incidents and requests -- experience of Zendesk would be an advantage.
● Experience of providing support using remote control applications.
● Understanding the concepts of wireless and wired networking
● Supporting IP phone systems including soft phones
● ITIL service management foundation, or better, and appropriate practical experience.
● Experience working in a 1st line support environment.
● Able to judge when things need to be escalated
● A self-starter with the ability to self-manage workload, targets and priorities
● A high degree of personal initiative with the drive, resilience and ability to meet challenging goals
● Able to multi-task across several concurrent projects and activities
Relationship Management (internal, External, 3rd parties)
● Demonstrates teamwork at the highest level with a highly collaborative and supportive approach
● A solutions focused approach
● Good interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels – leadership, peers, colleagues and suppliers
● Outside the organisation, maintain relationships with technical experts and peers across other industries.
● Analytical thinker with good problem-solving skills; focussed on “getting things done”
● Able to break down complex work into manageable chunks - able to manage a diverse workload
● Ability to thrive in an environment that is characterised by significant diversity and constant change
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
● Works to understand key business drivers and specific benefits.
● Maintains an awareness of industry developments
● Able to articulate technical requirements in a business context