People Management (PM) is the award winning media brand for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, the professional body for HR and people development, providing expertise on the world of work for over 140,000 members globally.
Excitingly, this role will also encompass delivery of revenues across the extensive range of CIPD events. These include the commercial revenues generated from CIPD Annual Conference and Exhibitions (ACE) which is the UK’s largest HR event having been run for 70 years! That along with HRSS & Rec Ex and L&D and numerous other events inspires thousands of Human Resources professionals across the UK and abroad.
At such an exciting time for CIPD / People Management we are currently seeking an experienced Sales Manager to manage a team of 3. Working alongside the Sales Director you will motivate and lead from the front to maximise the commercial potential across both PM and CIPD’s event portfolio.
The successful candidate will be expected to show the best possible attitude, output and desire to champion our brand in the market. You will report directly into the Sales Director delivering results across a portfolio that includes display, content solutions, awards, conferences, exhibitions, events activity and bespoke solutions. If that isn’t enough we also have the opportunity to launch exciting products into the marketplace. This really is a chance for a Sales Manager to make and impact on these excellent brands in a high-profile role and be recognised across the business.
• Supporting the Sales Director to come up with new ideas to generate revenue. Innovation will be second nature to you and a desire to see things through from concept to delivery
• You must be a top-level communicator; able to ensure all stakeholders, but particularly those on your team as well as at the CIPD, are kept up-to-date and are engaged with your commercial objectives.
• You will be confident at delivering new strategies and ideas and getting the buy-in from your team to hit targets.
• You will need to be a first-rate planner and able to prioritise tasks as well as ensuring the successful completion of small- and large-scale projects.
• Leading from the front you will need to demonstrate strong sales ability as well being able to drive and motivate successful sales people.
• You need to have a strong understanding of digital products and demonstrate real ability for driving digital revenue streams.
• You will be eager to be involved with all elements of live events to ensure that we have successfully delivered on revenues and execution
• You must be able to work well under pressure and maximise relationships with colleagues in Haymarket Network and HBM.
• You will be required to complete accurate forecasting and use SalesForce effectively
The qualities we're looking for in the Sales Manager are:
- Previous experience managing a sales team
- A strong commercial acumen
- Good forecasting skills and monitoring pipelines
- Great interpersonal attitude for engaging clients and managing your team
- Able to use own initiative and problem solve
- Effective managing upward to ensure that your teams deliverables fit in with the wider team and objectives
- Desire to be involved with multiple channels as well as a large and ever growing portfolio