Haymarket Automotive comprises What Car?, Autocar and PistonHeads - three brilliant brands that are world-famous for informing and entertaining car buyers, sellers and owners and which share the goal of leading in their chosen marketplaces.
Our reputation is built on quality journalism, slick marketing, product innovation and dogged and skilled salescraft, all in support of digital and print products that lead the market. No other automotive brand interacts with consumers and the car industry so comprehensively or is as well respected by its audience.
Whatever we do, we aim to be the best – and that starts with our teams and the way we place them at the heart of everything we do.
Haymarket Automotive is looking for a social media editor to join its busy team, working across the WhatCar?, PistonHeads and Autocar teams.
The role will revolve around leading day-to-day social activity and evolving and monitoring the effectiveness of our strategy, with the key metrics of increasing engagement and supporting growth of our audience.
You will be supported in this by a dedicated PistonHeads social media executive, a social media apprentice and the wider, 40-strong team of journalists.
Although you will work across all three brands your initial focus on driving activity around our new What Car? New Car Buyer Marketplace product.
This will include taking responsibility for posting and producing social content, including creation of original video and multimedia assets.
You will also analyse referral metrics and spread insight among the social, editorial and publishing team into the behaviour of our social communities, distribution of content across the web, and emerging trends in social media.
Ideally, the social media producer will also pitch and report on original editorial content.
The social media producer will work closely with the editorial, publishing and brand marketing teams to understand the content, voice, tone, audiences and resources of the team.
• Lead the social media and wider editorial team on all aspects of social, both through personal actions and evaluation of strategies
• Post editorial content on our social media platforms.
• Engage and interact with our communities across social platforms.
• Create social content, including production of original social video and multimedia assets.
• Increasing engagement and support growth of our audience.
• Provide feedback on performance and engagement to the wider teams.
• Ensure that all content meets our brand values.
• Prioritise relevant content creation against identified goals.
• Experience working as part of a news team or social media team.
• Strong knowledge of social media best practices and the social media landscape.
• Plan and manage competing deadlines and priorities.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good editorial judgement.
• Experience of producing content for the web or social media.
• A clear, fluent writing style and an ability to produce strong headlines.
• Image editing skills using Adobe Photoshop
• Video editing skills.
• Empathy for our brands and an understanding of our business.