People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and users, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
The Database Marketing Manager will utilise their knowledge and experience in marketing operations, systems integrations, customer data, databases, marketing technologies and analytics to provide first class advice and support to internal business units and undertake projects from concept to implementation.
Using known customer data to understand what drives and shapes audience behaviour, knowing how multi-channel marketing campaigns can be implemented, and leading technical projects to integrate and develop marketing technologies, will be key to delivering the business objectives.
This role includes the management and leadership of a small team. You will encourage, inspire, motivate and lead to bring out the best in your team. You will identify and acknowledge quality, discuss areas for improvements, and develop personal development plans, including any training needs where required. The team will be highly regarded throughout the organisation and strive for excellence.
BA and product management
You will be responsible for ensuring all marketing technologies meet business needs while being cost-effective. You will scope requirements for any new data feeds, system integrations and other development projects, and work with technical teams to deliver on time and to budget. You will ensure all technical documentation is kept up to date.
You will manage the day to day relationships with our database and marketing tech suppliers. You will ensure all development work is of high quality and cost-effective. All service level agreements must be monitored and addressed with suppliers when not met.
Working proactively with internal customers to understand their objectives, and using your knowledge of data and experience to help shape and refine their objectives, to deliver first class data marketing solutions from concept to go live.
Analytics and insight
You will analyse customer behaviour, and patterns in data to provide rich insight for the business to make better informed decisions. Encourage a data-driven approach to be at the heart of any decision-making. Generate reports and interrogate data to increase the impact of database marketing activities. Test & learn to continuously improve ongoing customer engagement & conversion.
You will have a good understanding of the current data protection regulations, and be able to help guide the business through the upcoming changes with GDPR. You will work with the Data Protection Officer and apply a risk-based approach to campaign queries.
- Experience of managing a marketing database and using campaign management software such as Faststats
- Strong numeracy – accurate, methodical and analytical approach.
- Confident and self-motivated. A leader with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven with strong planning and multitasking skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Extremely well organised, with good time and project management skills.
- Customer focused. Able to influence others and bring people together to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and build strong working relationships with internal customers.
- Proven experience managing conflicting priorities, scheduling team workloads and effectively managing customer expectations.