Associate Editor – Campaign Events Impact (CEI)
The Associate editor of Campaign Events Impact (CEI) has a crucial role in the development and ongoing production of online content on the CEI website and social media platforms.
You will be expected to take or develop a strategic role in the progression of CEI’s new content direction, working closely with CEI’s editor, as well as Campaign’s head of content, online editor, and the brand director.
As an integral member of the editorial team, the assistant editor should set a good example in terms of motivation, work ethic, insistence on quality editorial standards and in representing the title to the industry.
Based in Hong Kong, you will be responsible for covering the North Asia markets, particularly the Greater China region. You will be responsible for generating ideas and content for Greater China – whether it is for print, digital or live events.
You will be expected to work closely in partnership with the Singapore-based editor of CEI, helping to contribute to CEI’s newly launched print title and ensuring each can support and contribute to print and digital.
It is also vital that you develop a close relationship with the Campaign team so that views and ideas are shared on the development of the title and content.
The assistant editor will be expected to attend internal and external commercial meetings as necessary and will represent CEI to the industry in Hong Kong and North Asia.
• Work with the editor of CEI, head of content and brand director on the development of CEI’s digital & print content strategy and its fine-tuning.
• Initiate, lead and implement new content ideas in line with the new editorial direction
• Develop strong relationships with Campaign team in editorial, including the online editor and other journalists
• Make editorial decisions and publish the print magazine in the absence of CEI’s editor
• Liaise with sales and Content Lab on commercial projects
• Liaise with sales and events on live activities such as forums and awards
• Be prepared to take new projects on at the request of CEI editor or Campaign head of content
• Work closely with CEI’s editor on reporting projects affecting CEI’s editorial budget, and reporting into head of content
• Lead coverage of North Asian markets for CEI, generating news and feature ideas
• Cultivate contacts and visit coverage markets in the travel plan, specifically Hong Kong, Macau, China, Taiwan, Japan and Korea
• Consistently generate new content ideas both online and in print, developing existing features that are proving successful while boosting SEO performance
• Represent the CEI editorial voice at publishing meetings as necessary
• Organise and forward plan print content in absence of the CEI editor, as necessary
• Liaise with CEI editor on coverage to ensure no unnecessary overlap
• Develop video content yourself, with on-job training from Campaign editorial staff and video journalist when possible.
• Monitor editorial dashboards and weekly reports to understand audience behaviour, content performance and determine new content opportunities, holding weekly meetings with the CEI editor.
Day to Day
• Forward planning, active participation in Campaign’s morning editorial meetings
• Produce sharable social media posts to extend the reach of published digital content, checking-in with Campaign’s online editors to ensure monitoring of multi-channel efforts.
• Write articles, opinions and generate content for the website and magazine
• Work with guest contributors to edit copy as necessary and commission freelance work with guidance from the CEI editor for both print and digital
• Ensure a regular flow of audience-engaging, high quality content is published each week.
• Police headlines: make sure they’re relevant, enticing, sharable and conform to best practice for SEO and brand guidelines
• Edit and produce three email newsletters per week, with oversight from Campaign’s online editor and input from the CEI editor
• Network and build an extensive list of event marketing industry contacts as sources for the new editorial direction of CEI
• Good oral communication skills
• All-round journalistic skills, including writing, editing and proof-reading
• Fluency in Mandarin an advantage
• Ability and willingness to take responsibility
• Knowledge and experience in content marketing, digital publishing and social media
• Experience in use of social media to share content
• Good understanding of Google Analytics
• Good creative and conceptual skills
• Experienced in InDesign and CMS
• Experience working to deadlines and under pressure
• Collaborative nature to work as part of the entire team toward common goals, sharing sources and ideas and workload
• Willingness to travel
• Knowledge of, or previous experience, in marketing/business events/MICE industry a plus
Haymarket is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community.
This position is full time, 5-day week and based in Hong Kong or Singapore. we offer attractive remuneration package and excellent career opportunities to the right candidate. Interested candidates are invited to send your detailed CV, with current and expected salary to Campaign Head of Content, Robert Sawatzky at Robert.Sawatzky@haymarket.asia
Apply for this job
Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.