This is a global role within the Environment & Built Environment (EBE) information divisions of Haymarket Business Media, reporting to the Head of Sales Paid Content.
The purpose of this role is to run the subscription sales teams across the brands that sit underneath the EBE portfolio:
• ENDS Report
• ENDS Europe
• ENDS Compliance
• ENDS Waste & Bioenergy
• Horticulture Week
1. To build, manage and motivate a best-of-breed paid audience team who account manage the paid audience on a corporate, as well as individual basis, supported by marketing activity as required.
2. Manage sales executives/account managers on a day to day basis.
3. To deliver premium quality customer service in order to meet quantitative targets in relation to renewal, new business rates and budgetary expectations.
4. To personally manage the key accounts and to lead from the front by driving revenue and usage growth from these clients.
5. Support Head of Sales in identifying sectors of interest through thorough and timely reporting
Line management responsibility for
• All Account Executives/account managers,
Key sideways management responsibilities:
• Marketing Managers,
o Liaising with the marketing team to produce regular targeted marketing campaigns to meet revenue targets
o Liaising with the marketing team to produce sales and marketing collateral material to promote all products and services within the division
o Monitoring and reporting on competitor activity within the market
o Attendance at industry trade shows, conferences and exhibitions as appropriate
Leadership - The ability to:
• Provide a firm and clear direction to your reports.
• Set short, medium and long-term aims for audience development within EBE
• Promote a culture that is entrepreneurial but supportive for all staff members
• Inspire and motivate those that work with you
• Show drive and enthusiasm
• Stay calm and focused in a crisis
• Delegate effectively
• Try new things
Commercial aptitude - The ability to:
• Monitor press coverage to spot new paid content opportunities for the brand.
• Evaluate the information needs of clients
• Support the preparation of high-quality proposals – often with a view to implementing multiple product packages
• Set and manage paid audience targets
• Input into commercial direction for EBE,
• Help to develop and manage execution of a robust, ambitious but realistic audience development plan for brand
Business/financial know-how -The ability to:
• Challenge and stress-test projections from account managers in order to forecast revenues accurately
• Interpret reports on sales, usage, & market performance to develop future growth strategies
Knowledge and understanding:
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of EBE’s markets, the structure of the industry and who the clients are in the market
• Understand the product offerings and how they support client needs
• To demonstrate a full understanding of EBE’s competition; their products and services and their associated USPs
• Be able to assess where the gaps are and to target prospective clients proactively without relying on inbound leads
Staff management and development:
• Provide effect staff management and development for all your staff via job descriptions, appraisals, training, informal coaching, and team meetings
• Manage underperformance and difficult personalities
• Confront bad practice and deal effectively with it
• Participate in the recruitment of members of the sales team, and regularly review their sales and product training needs
• A positive, encouraging attitude
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with key customers
• Resilience, drive and a determination to get around road-blocks rather than just point them out
• Openness and respectfulness in your dealings with clients and colleagues