The fight to end the gender pay gap. The introduction of workers’ rights for the gig economy. Calling out sexual harassment in the workplace. Over the past 12 months, People Management magazine – the largest business magazine in the UK by circulation – has been at the heart of some of the biggest stories on the news agenda. Now we’re looking for an ambitious and knowledgeable writer who can bring a range of important issues to life, in print and online, as part of a growing and highly focused editorial team.
You’ll be responsible for writing daily news stories for a digital newsletter audience of 190,000, and helping make decisions about which issues should shape the news agenda. And you’ll contribute extensively to our multiple award-winning magazine with a circulation of nearly 140,000 – whether it’s interviewing leading business thinkers, getting onto the shop floor to see the labour market in action or questioning policymakers about how they’ll tackle vital issues.
You will have been writing professionally about business or business-related issues for at least a couple of years, and will be able to demonstrate an impressive portfolio of creative and diverse articles, covering both news and features. You’ll be comfortable using social media – both to gather leads and promote your own work. And you’ll be relentlessly curious about the world of work. In return, we can offer the opportunity to work on a prestigious and well-respected brand which has seen its journalists graduate to senior editorial roles on national newspapers and other business titles. And we can guarantee you’ll have fun along the way.
Company benefits include 25 days’ holiday, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, permanent health insurance, health cash plan and lifestyle discounts. Based in bright, modern offices opposite Twickenham train station, the company culture is friendly, informal and creative, but with an emphasis on high-quality work.
• Researching and fact-checking articles and building knowledge to contribute your own ideas
• Writing news articles under the supervision of our news editor and staying abreast of broader news agenda
• Writing and contributing to features and other articles for the magazine as required
• Managing individual workload and completing news articles and features to specified deadlines
• Representing the People Management brand by attending events and conferences, and building contacts among the HR community
• Answering reader queries
• Posting to social media and helping develop new channels such as video