Haymarket Business Media is looking for a reporter to work across market leading brands the ENDS Report and ENDS Europe.
The ENDS Report is the UK’s leading news and information service for environmental professionals, serving environment managers in business, regulators, environmental consultants and a wide range of other environmental specialists.
ENDS Europe is Europe’s environmental news service, reporting on EU and European environmental policymaking as it happens for an international audience of policymakers, influencers and industrial regulatory and sustainability managers.
Candidates must have a recognised journalistic qualification or experience. An ability to make complex issues accessible through clearly structured and accurate reporting is essential.
An understanding of environmental issues or a proven interest in the area is desirable, but is not as important to the role as curiosity and a willingness to become knowledgeable about the subject matter.
ENDS is part of Haymarket Business Media. This role will be based at our offices in Twickenham and will report to the ENDS Editor.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Monitoring widely for news and generating off diary news
- Writing relevant, timely news articles
- Understanding and interpreting subscribers’ requirements
- Respecting deadlines, briefs and house style
- Checking facts to ensure accuracy
- Being aware of the political and economic context of stories
- Positively communicating the ENDS brand in person and through social media platforms
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Good news sense and ability to think creatively about the news agenda
- Good time management and decision-making skills
- Data journalism skills, or the capacity to develop them
- Curiosity and the willingness to become knowledgeable about the subject matter
- Good understanding of media law
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Good organisational skills and the ability to juggle deadlines and priorities
- Professional demeanour and attitude
- Ability to build and maintain professional contacts
- Ability to use your own initiative and motivate yourself
- Tenacity and determination
- An understanding of environmental issues or a proven interest in the area
To apply, please submit a CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you would be a good candidate for the job, as well as three examples of bylined pieces (ideally via online links)
Apply for this job