Haymarket Media Group operates in 14 offices, across six countries, through more than 70 market-leading brands in print, digital and live media. Our mission is to be the best international specialist media and Information Company within our chosen markets.
As a privately owned company we take pride in our values of creativity, expertise, dynamism, independence and integrity: these are the foundations of our business and they drive it forward. Together, these five values support and foster a culture of innovation and collaboration, reflected in our new, flexible open-plan work environment.
As the applications Integration Analyst you will develop and maintain mission critical Business Systems and APIs for Haymarket UK and US working alongside key subject matter experts to ensure any new deployments are fully tested and fit for purpose.
These systems include content and commercial, financial and communication/collaboration tools and currently have over 1300 users within the UK and USA.
The Technical bits...
• The core business applications supported are Business World (Agresso) ERP, Salesforce.com, Eventsforce, Zendesk, Google Apps platform and all related interfaces
• Microsoft SQL server 2005 and 2012 administration
• Database development specialising in TSQL
• SSIS & Jitterbit for extraction, transformation, and load (ETL)
• Reporting tools and System monitoring
• In-depth knowledge of system interfaces and how applications interact
• Application data troubleshooting and issue resolution / escalation
• Key support for the sales process from opportunity to invoice working to tight deadlines
• Writing documentation including tickets and design specifications
• Working with remote teams and users
• Principal part of project teams implementing and / or enhancing Business Systems
• Integral and active part of meetings, training sessions and working groups with the team and the business both formally and informally
• Autonomous and team working - being proactive as well as reactive to business needs ensuring the highest level of system integrity and continuity
• Exposure to sensitive data that must be treated as strictly confidential
• To be a specialist for all Business System interfaces including those between cloud based and local applications
• To develop, support and maintain these systems using TSQL, SSIS, Jitterbit and scheduled SQL jobs
• To collaborate with commercial and financial teams to understand requirements and develop functionality and reports ensuring all internal processes and procedures are followed. This includes producing an approved design and fully testing in a development environment before deployment in production making sure all supporting documentation is written
• Ensure smooth installation and integration of new and / or changed systems
• Have a thorough knowledge of the business continuity plans and how to implement them
• Monitoring the service desk and resolving / escalating any tickets within agreed timeframes
• Ensuring systems are properly documented following Haymarket standards
Who you are...
• You will have experience working as an Integration Analyst or equivalent
• Experience working with applications running on MS SQL Server
• Knowledge of T-SQL with special focus on stored procedures and triggers
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – the job holder will be expected to communicate with the business at an appropriately non-technical level. Must understand business issues and be able to determine and explain potential solutions
• SSIS development experience (including using .Net scripts, parameters, variables)
• Experience working with reporting tools
• Have commercial experience of the force.com platform and interfacing between it and MS SQL using tools like Jitterbit and Salesforce Data Loader
• Experience with data migration and manipulation, including working with xml
• ITIL service management foundation qualification
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to consistently work to high levels of quality
• Ability to follow standard processes and procedures
• Self-starter, capable of working using their own initiative but also with the ability to work and collaborate within a team
• Have experience working on projects using accepted methodologies (Prince2, Agile)
Other Things to Know
• Salary - £30k - £35k, dependent on experience
• We are based in Twickenham, which is a quick 20 minutes from central London, and easy access from Surrey
• We have some great benefits including Pension, Holiday from 25 days, rising by 1 day per year, up to 30 days, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance, Health Cash Plan/Private Medical Insurance, Voluntary benefits such as Childcare vouchers, Ride to Work, Interest free travel loans and lifestyle rewards and discounts
• We support a friendly and creative culture of innovation and collaboration, reflected in our new, flexible open-plan work environment.
• We work a 35 hour, full time week, with the option of Flexible Working hours