The role is a newly created one within Haymarket's Outdoor Leisure team, as Parks Sales Exec you are responsible for generating revenues in print and online from the holiday park market, as well as nurturing revenues booked by New Business Sales Exec. You will be expected to work closely with numerous internal stakeholders, to include; Editorial, Product Management and Brand management, Creative Solutions and Ad Ops and Production to maximise revenue potential around standard display, online campaigns and specials.
Working across a vast array of clients you will be able to develop and convert business relationships by proactively servicing your clients, providing insight on new products, our platforms and audiences and the latest industry insights.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, you are responsible for maximising revenues for your product through volume and yield of sales from your assigned client base. This will include;
● The management and growth of an existing business customer base in line with revenue and volume targets set out by your line manager
● The canvassing and closing of new business in line with revenue and volume targets set out by your line manager
● The achievement of agreed performance and behavioral KPIs
● Attendance and involvement in key events unique to the leisure industry
● The active participation in and implementation of any personal or team based training
● Contributing to the team ethic and being a positive ambassador within the team
● Maximise revenues from an existing client base in accordance with targets/leads.
● Ensure clients are sold into the most relevant area of the brand; display, classified, online, TV.
● Effectively manage your time and use appropriate selling techniques at appropriate times of the day to ensure you are effectively selling across all platforms (Print, Online & Specials)
● Ensure all agreed activity and performance KPI’s are reached within the agreed timeframes
● Adhere to the rate card or an agreed level of discount at all times
● Ensure that you fully incorporate the approved/trained selling methods at all times
● Provide accurate feedback re your current sales performance as and when required
● Ensure your line manager is made aware of any issues re any of your clients or other team members in a prompt manner
● Be adaptable and creative, suggesting new sales ventures and be able to drive any online element
● Maintain contact with key decision makers within your client base as outlined in your KPIs
● proactively service customers, developing strong relationships and keeping clients up to date with initiatives
● Provide a professional, courteous and effective service to both external and internal contacts at all times
● Manage client queries in a swift and professional manner liaising with accounts department as and when required.
● Be clear and outline all the details of any agreement including terms and conditions of cancellation
● Maintain a comprehensive understanding of your product, market and competitor products/positioning
● Monitor competition, be aware of other advertising activity and digital trends
● Project sales on a weekly/monthly basis for your assigned client base
● Ensure effective use of appropriate sales/market information
● Offer positive contributions within team discussions and meetings
● Treat all fellow team members with respect, both publicly and privately
● Actively participate in group or individual training
● Keep the team involved and up to date with your activity to maximise sales team revenue
● Contribute towards a positive and energized sales environment
● Be a positive ambassador for your team and brand
● Maintain client base and ensure all records are up to date
● All data that is entered onto the system must be accurate and succinct
● Bookings must be entered accurately and succinctly on the system at every level
● Be able to adapt and use new sales and reporting tools introduced by the business
● All administration set by your manager must be completed accurately and on time
● Assist with page requirements, market share and flatplanning as required.
● Ensure leads list are up to date at all times.
● Actively close designated section in a quick and efficient manner in line with deadlines