13 Aug 2012 14:54
What Car? launches the UK’s first free car valuation app for mobiles
What Car? has launched the UK’s first free car valuation app, which will bring What Car?’s 39 years of independent expertise to car buyers and sellers on the move.
The app, which has been developed by Grapple Mobile, will be available on iPhone, Android, Nokia and Windows phones.
The app features:
- Used-car valuation – users can find an accurate valuation by entering the make, model, bodystyle, version, year and mileage of the car they’re looking at. The app breaks down valuations by dealer price, private price, part-exchange, and trade price.
- New-car valuation – it’s easy to find an accurate list price for each model, and a What Car? Target Price, which shows an achievable discount on that car.
- What Car? independent expert advice – the app contains What Car?’s expert opinion, our universally trusted and acknowledged star rating, plus reliability ratings.
- View similarly priced cars – for every car model by turning the handset from portrait to landscape - on iOS, Android and Windows models only.
- Find the nearest dealer – for searched models, based on current location using GPS, or by postcode.
- Save cars to ‘My Garage’ in app – enabling quick and easy viewing at a later date.
What Car? editor-in-chief Chas Hallett said: 'The What Car? app will be invaluable to anyone looking to buy or sell a car because it gives unparalleled access to the most comprehensive and reliable data in the marketplace.
'Wherever or whenever, it will give consumers the confidence that the deal they are making is the right one. The What Car? app will be vital in the car-buying process.'
Click on the links below to download the app: