Haymarket Media, Inc is seeking a Business Analyst to join the Medical Communications team. This position is located in our New York, NY office.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Haymarket’s growing Medical Communications Group. With eight new brands launched in the eighteen months, we have an aggressive growth plan to build on more than thirty years of leadership in the market with brands like the MPR (Monthly Prescribing Reference), The Clinical Advisor, and Renal & Urology News. This role is key to the ongoing success of our brands; the Business Analyst will work closely with the business and finance teams to achieve our growth objectives.
- Responsible for the accuracy of brand revenue reporting across the Haymarket Medical Communications brands (print, digital, events, direct mail, custom projects).
- Revenue booked, programs delivered, recognized revenue, invoiced/billed, accruals, and accounts receivables.
- Regularly monitor, throughout the month, the Salesforce.com reports to ensure that the data are accurate (including reconciliation with Ad-Book and billing system reports).
- Work with sales and the sales operations team and account strategists to ensure entries are correct and validate data from AdBook and Salesforce.com
- Ensure that all non-AdBook revenue is captured in Salesforce.com for billing.
- Email, direct mail, other non-CPM-based (CPUV programs), subscription revenues
- Collaborate with the business (publishers/brand owners/operations), sales, and finance to maintain monthly forecasting reports that identify forward sold revenue and pipeline/forecasts
- Work closely with the medical communications and ad operations teams to track and reconcile campaign delivery. Finalize monthly revenue reports by analyzing internal ad server reports and customer contracts and reconciling against billing
- Review monthly print flat plans and work with publishers, operations, production, sales, billing, and others to reconcile any discrepancies before the month end.
- Manage monthly close process for the business
- Pre-close statements
- Monthly reconciliation of finance system (Agresso) postings
- Coordinate with production, circulation, billing, editorial, and sales to ensure all invoices and expenses are reconciled
- Prepare monthly and quarterly commission statements
- Monitor monthly market research spend across the medical communications brands - update research schedule based on actual postings and sit with group leader to update out-months
- Work with business and finance leadership to prepare monthly forecasts and financials for monthly financial review meeting. Business performance against budget, forecast, and against prior year.
- Monthly revenue and expense variance reports.
- Produce interim reports to identify potential under-delivery and campaign changes (mid-month variance report).
- Coordinate the collection of, and integration of, custom projects revenue from the PRIHCS custom division.
- Monthly revenue and expense variance reports.
- Produce analyses and reports to management, as needed; these could include sales analysis, yield analysis, customer research analysis, etc.
- Work with team to implement and enhance new systems to improve order management, forecasting, reporting, and reconciliation
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required; business, accounting, math, or finance preferred
- 1-3 years professional experience working with data analysis, budgets, and/or financial management highly desired.
- Strong Excel skills a must
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organized, focused, and a very strong attention to detail
- Salesforce.com experience a plus.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- A strong ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment
- Must be willing to work in New York City
About Medical Communications:
Haymarket Media is a channel agnostic media company with some of the leading brands in select markets. This exciting opportunity is in our Medical/Clinical Communications Group, which provides healthcare professionals practical clinical information to improve patient outcomes. We have top ranked brands across a variety of medical professions and specialties, and recently launched eight new digital brands—with plans to launch twelve more over the next several years. This position is key to our continued success in serving our market and in achieving significant growth for our growing digital portfolio of brands.
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.Apply for this job