The Audience Manager will be working across Haymarket Consumer Media's portfolio of brands, including What Car?, Stuff, FourFourTwo, PistonHeads, What HiFi and more.
Working within the Performance team and reporting to the Head of Commercial Analysis, the Audience Manager will be overseeing the development of targeting strategies. Key stakeholders will be the Sales and Planning teams, Campaign Managers, our DMP technology provider as well as the Commercial and Digital Analytics teams.
The role involves taking ownership of our DMP, ‘Lotame’, in order to identify and leverage audience segments. Critically the work done must be able to drive efficiency in matching our advertisers’ campaigns with relevant visitors to our digital titles, yet ideally find these visitors all over our network in order to reduce the stress on our popular inventory.
Self starting and analytical, the ideal candidate should have experience in audience segmentation with respect to user behaviour/marketing channels as well as how data is tracked across digital properties.
DMP experience would be beneficial alongside an appreciation of the differences between first, second and third party data.
Take ownership of the DMP. Logically classify behaviours into a taxonomy that can be used as the building blocks for audience creation.
Grow the collection of audiences within our DMP in quantity and quality, leveraging behavioural and demographic data.
Report back on audience effectiveness to help optimise performance.
Provide insight to produce market leading audiences, which are attractive to our advertisers and thus driving revenue generation by the sales team.
• Maintain/improve existing taxonomy within our DMP and classify behaviours on our digital titles
• Develop unique audience segments using first, second and third party data
• Work with campaign planners to manage inventory in an effective way from an audience perspective.
• Work with campaign managers so they can use audiences as an optimization method.
• Develop KPIs that accurately reflect the effectiveness of created audiences i.e. contribution towards reductions in CPL or increases in CTR
• 2+ years Analyst/Audience development experience
• University degree attainment, preferably in a numerate discipline
• Have a passion for data
• Proven experience of generating insight from business/web analytics data
• A commercially minded individual - ability to understand the commercial imperatives behind the data needs
• DMP Experience e.g. Adobe Audience Manager, BlueKai, Krux, Lotame
The above can be learnt on the job by an acceptable candidate
• GA/Omniture experience i.e. familiarity with segmentation using an analytics tool
• Media experience would be beneficial, however is not essential to be a success in the role.