Haymarket has a strong heritage in print, world-class web and mobile products, an exciting future in international markets with technology expertise at the core of Haymarket’s vision.
Haymarket’s strategy is simple – attract highly engaged, specialist audiences, leading to efficient and effective marketing and sales opportunities. Technology forms a key part of that process, creating commercial success with optimal internal business processes, engaging user-facing digital products and high-value client propositions.
And Technology is transforming at Haymarket – having supported multiple brands over many years, a programme of change to simplify and extend the platforms that underpin the various brands has started, with everyone in technology contributing to that change.
This role offers a fantastic and rare opportunity to be part of the transformational technology change as part of a wider strategic initiative.
Haymarket’s Technology department is a newly formed function, encompassing all aspects of technology - strategy, delivery and support across digital & product management, marketing, analytics, and infrastructure.
The IT placement student will be part of a fast paced and dynamic Operations group who enable and support colleagues and all business functions. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing face to face, telephone and e-mail resolution of first line incidents & requests across all UK sites. They will ensure a high quality of service and support for approximately 1,000 users who use Mac, Windows and iOS devices.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Incident resolution to agreed service levels at Haymarket’s six UK sites, and for colleagues working remotely
• Effecting workarounds where that is the most effective resolution
• Fulfilling service requests in a timely and efficient manner
• 1st line technical support
• Providing a service that supports and is aligned with Haymarket’s business needs
• Providing technical support to our colleagues from our Tech Hub
• Effectively prioritising work in a busy environment
• Following Operations ITIL based processes including Incident, Problem and Change
• Escalation to colleagues in Technology for 2nd line support
• Escalation to service partners -- 3rd party suppliers -- to ensure speedy incident resolution
• Add and update technical support documents
• Ensuring excellent and professional communication
• Punctual, positive, organised and self-motivated.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Taking pressure in your stride and producing excellent results.
• Taking a calm, focused, considered and analytical approach to problems
• Be the human face of Haymarket’s Technology function friendly and solutions focused
Desirable technical & professional skills
• Strong technical background with an excellent knowledge of technology including; Windows 7 and above, Mac OS, Microsoft Office 2007/2010, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Apps Suite as well as iOS mobile devices.
• Demonstrable experience of Internet browser configuration including; Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
• Knowledge of Follow Me print technologies.
• Use of service management tools for managing incidents and requests -- experience of Zendesk would be an advantage.
• Experience of providing support using remote control applications.
• Understanding the concepts of wireless and wired networking
• Supporting IP phone systems including soft phones
• ITIL service management foundation, or better, and appropriate practical experience.
• Experience working in a 1st line support environment.
• Able to judge when things need to be escalated
• A self-starter with the ability to self-manage workload, targets and priorities
• A high degree of personal initiative with the drive, resilience and ability to meet challenging goals
• Able to multi-task across several concurrent projects and activities
• Demonstrates teamwork at the highest level with a highly collaborative and supportive approach
• A solutions focused approach
• Good interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels – leadership, peers, colleagues and suppliers
• Outside the organisation, maintain relationships with technical experts and peers across other industries.
• Analytical thinker with good problem-solving skills; focussed on “getting things done”
• Able to break down complex work into manageable chunks - able to manage a diverse workload
• Ability to thrive in an environment that is characterised by significant diversity and constant change
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• Works to understand key business drivers and specific benefits.
• Maintains an awareness of industry developments
• Able to articulate technical requirements in a business context
Apply for this job